Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pregnancy Update

I was reminded the other day by a friend that I haven't updated much about the pregnancy... which is pretty funny to me, in a way, because I don't eat, sleep, and breathe this pregnancy like I did my last one, so not blogging is probably just a product of that fact.
My last pregnancy, I guess, being my first, was all I could think about.  This time, until recently (now that I'm really showing) I haven't been obsessed with it.  In fact, there are times (mostly when eating) that I actually have to stop and remind myself, "wait, you're pregnant, can you eat that?"

It certainly isn't because I don't care - I do!  I can't wait for this baby to be here.  I don't' know that I ever wanted anything more.  From the moment we started trying to conceive I wanted this baby with a fiery passion.  And now, its pretty hard to think I have to wait another 4 months before he or she will be here.

I'm feeling pretty good all around... just still very tired.  I supposed working 8 hours a day and being a mom to a spunky 4 year old will do that to me - but I'm used to having a ton of energy so it's just frustrating at times.
We had a Level 2 ultrasound yesterday to determine whether this baby has cleft lip and/or cleft palate and I'm so relieved to say that all signs point to no.   God is so good.  What was really sad was in the genetic counseling appointment, the counselor asked if we were finding out because we would terminate if the baby DID have cleft lip and palate.  I can't imagine having that mind set.  I had it a little rough growing up with a birth defect (or as they call it 'birth difference') but I would never terminate a pregnancy because of it.  Don't get me wrong, I don't judge others for terminating for their own reasons, but I just don't think that cleft is a reason for me to do that.  The reason we were there was to better prepare ourselves if the baby were to have it.

My parents weren't prepared at all.  They had no idea that I would have any defect and then had no idea what was in store for me once I was born with this.
I can't imagine how scary and traumatic it was for them - I like to be prepared... having a baby is life altering enough... That's why we were there...

So that's my update. We have a healthy baby developing in there... and no we are not finding out.  We don't peek at our Christmas presents either!!
We're waiting and will relish in the surprise! 
And no, we're not sharing the names that we pick out either.  I don't care what you think about the name I pick and if I tell you now, you're bound to tell me what you think about it...
Ok, that sounds harsh... We like secrets, and we like surprises!  I know for a fact that if I had told people we were thinking of naming our girl Madison the last time, some people's reactions would have offended me to the point where I would have contemplated changing my mind about it - and I don't want to a.) feel guilty that you don't care for a name I pick or b.) let someone's reaction change what I want for my child.

People keep asking me if I feel that i'm having either a boy or a girl... I have no idea - honestly.  I mean I guess I lean towards girl, but that's only because it is all I know...


On another note, my other baby turned 4 on Tuesday.  I can't believe I have a four year old.  If I knew that this delivery would go just as hers did, I'd be so excited.  I still relish that as the best day of my life...


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of one little 5 year old with a very big personality and one infant whom I feel like I've always loved! I'm enjoying being a mother while still trying to be a good wife as I go. I was just promoted to a job I dreamed of having! I value my friends and family above all else.

After 10 years together

After 10 years together
June 5, 2004

The 1st Most important Man in my life

The 1st Most important Man in my life
I will Always Be Daddy's Little Girl

The Next Most Important Man in My Life

The Next Most Important Man in My Life
Soulmates... going on 18 years

Our Little Family

Our Little Family
All I've ever wanted...

Mommy's Pride and Joy

Mommy's Pride and Joy
Madison Rebekah-Hope

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream